What to do when you catch
Above: John Kurahara with a tagged ulua.
The Ulua Tagging Project needs your kokua!
For complete recovery information anglers will receive an "Ulua Tagging Project T-shirt" reward.
1) Date of capture
2) Tag number
3) Species of fish (omilu, white, etc.)
4) Length (fork length; from the tip of the nose to the V in the tail)
5) Location (area, ex. Ala Moana Park, Kaunakakai Harbor, etc.)
7) Weight (optional)
Anglers: Name, Address and contact phone number
Options after landing a tagged fish.
1) Fish can be released - Please do not remove tag.
Record and report all of the information above.
Then gently release the fish.
2) Fish can be kept- if it is of legal size and will not exceed your daily bag limit. Please check the DAR website (www.hawaii.gov/dlnr/dar) for current regulations and updates
Please remove the tag and return it with all of the information above to DAR.
Record and report all recovery information above to:
DAR Ulua Tagging Project
or email information to
Questions? Comments? E-mail us at hanapaa@HawaiiGoesFishing.com
Back to the home page